Friday 31 May 2013

Joe Flacco crosses Mike Tomlin of intentionally interfering with Jacoby Jones’ return


Nine months ago, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco joked that he considered running on to the field and tackling the 49ers’ Ted Ginn Jr. to preserve his team’s Super Bowl XLVII win. On Thanksgiving night, Flacco thinks Steelers coach Mike Tomlin stole his bit. Flacco accused Tomlin of intentionally wandering onto the field and almost colliding with Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones during a long kickoff return Thursday night."As I get close, I'm like, 'Is he going to move?' I just weaved to get out of the way. It broke my stride a little bit. I still shouldn't have got caught. It is what it is. (They) made the tackle. If I was him, I'd do the same thing to stop me."Jones wouldn't blame Tomlin for his failure to score on the play, but realizes that such a response was bolstered by the victory that was so crucial to the Ravens' playoff hopes.He was a little more deadpan after the game. “I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron. It provides better perspective for me,” Tomlin said afterward at M&T Bank Stadium. “Obviously, I lost my placement as he broke free and saw at the last second how close I was to the field of play. I do it quite often, like everybody else in the National Football League. I was wrong. I accept responsibility for it.”"I took some flack for joking around in the Super Bowl and saying that maybe you should run onto the field and tackle somebody if this guy breaks it," Flacco said. "That's exactly what he just did. He was looking at the big screen the whole entire time. He knew where he was, and he knew where Jacoby was.

No comments:

Post a Comment