Monday 25 August 2014

66TH ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS : Aaron Paul wins Best Supporting Actor for Breaking Bad


The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards are at the Nokia theatre in Loas Angeles, hosted by Saturday Night Live alumni Seth Meyers. HBO once again makes its presence felt as they lead the nominations for the 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The introduction of critically and commercially acclaimed show 'True Detective' starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as well as the HBO original film 'The Normal Heart' showcase a strong front for the cable giant. Netflix once again proved that this is the time for internet streaming companies as they racked up more nominations this year, 31 to be precise.The Best Actor in a Drama Series saw the tightest race of the year go down in that category but there needs to be no credit taken away from the Best Supporting Actors in a Drama Series as each name is huge. Aaron Paul was the clear front runner coming in as this was his last year of eligibility for Breaking Bad, but Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones was another favorite heading into things."My God, Breaking Bad has changed my life and I'm standing up here because of one man," Paul said. "Thank you for believing in me and letting me play this guy. I miss him." Being witchy was good for Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates at the Emmys. Both American Horror Story: Coven stars won their respective categories, Lange for lead actress in a miniseries and Bates for supporting actress. "I'm profoundly surprised at this, but very grateful," Lange said of her third Emmy win. Bates said she didn't think she was going to win because she saw some of the award handlers in the green room. "They caught my eye and they both tilted their heads in that social-worker 'I'm sorry' way." Fresh off a lucrative new deal, The Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons won his fourth award for lead actor in a comedy. "There's no accounting for taste, and due to good fortune I stand up here tonight," Parsons said. He also paid tribute to his late father, who encouraged him to be an actor. "In a career that hinges on confidence so much of the time, I thank him." Julia Louis-Dreyfus won her third consecutive award for lead actress in a comedy. After kissing Cranston on the way to the stage, she thanked her show's cable home, HBO: "Honestly, I've worked in a lot of places in this town, and it's my favorite place I've ever worked."Ultimately, the Breaking Bad star prevailed with his performance in the drama's final season, for which he received his third Emmy. In his acceptance speech, Paul thanked creator Vince Gilligan for always believing in him and praised his fellow cast mates and crew for an amazing run, saying of the show, "It changed my life." Like Anna Gunn, he also reminisced about working with Bryan Cranston. "There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss running to work to be able to work opposite of you, my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment